Unlike stand-alone events, Symposium is a community which you become a part of. The business school, a student planning team, alumni, and recruiters coordinate for months and finally come together the third week of September (15-19) to help you learn, grow, and ultimately succeed. This community offers you:
- Social media and tailored print resources to inform you about the companies attending and background research on businesses and industries.
- Comprehensive set of skill building and advisory workshops which allow you to practice and gain experience networking and soliciting jobs in a low-risk environment
- Industry-specific, hands-on programs with business professionals, to enable you to first-hand understand how a job in finance is different from accounting and what it’s really like to be an entrepreneur.
- Several real-world networking opportunities with 35+ companies which have in past years been held in venues like the Blue Zone, Kenan Center, and Dean Dome.
- For Seniors: Graduate School/GMAT prep & other workforce transition resources that will give you the competitive edge you need to make an impact early on in your career.
Check out our Success Stories to meet students like Michael Bojanski and Katherine Peters who secured internships as a result of their Symposium experience. It’s not uncommon to leave Symposium with not just networking proficiency and a more developed career plan, but also with an internship or full-time offer.