Symposium is best described as a community. The University of North Carolina’s Kenan-Flagler Business School brings undergraduate business students and company representatives together in order to create opportunities for professional relationships to grow and deepen. The 30th annual Symposium is expected to be the best ever. An estimated 300+ students will come prepared to learn from and engage company representatives from a broad spectrum of industries. Representatives from more than 35 sponsors are expected to come to invest in students and connect them with the right opportunities for internships and employment. Highlights include:
- Networking session at the Blue Zone at Kenan Stadium (for Platinum sponsors)
- Industry-specific programs to match students and companies with mutual interests
- Diversity and inclusion programing
- Keynote speaker (former keynotes have included GE Vice President Brian Worrell, Wells Fargo Senior Executive Vice President David Carroll, (r)evolution Principal, Steve Jones and PNC Financial Executive Vice President Reginald Imamura
- Networking luncheon on the Dean Dome’s basketball court
- Large-group networking opportunity at the Dean Dome Concourse
While the planning for and relationships built at Symposium progress continuously, Symposium comes to life with a series of experiences and events beginning Wednesday, September 3rd and ending with the main event (mandatory) on Friday, September 19. The events held during the earlier part of the month are for student development while the Thursday evening and Friday events are focused on student-employer engagement.
Again, depending on the experience that students and companies choose to create for themselves at Symposium, the specific event locations vary. However, all events take place on University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill campus.
Every student and company who attends Symposium plays an important role in its success. However, Symposium is under the leadership of the UNC Kenan-Flagler Undergraduate Business Program in a partnership with the student-led Symposium Core Committee. Symposium would not be possible without the support of many administrators, professors, and students efforts at UNC Kenan-Flagler as well as the strong partnerships maintained with the program’s leading employers.